When Your Favorite Internet Gaint Google, Rolls out a new Operating System For its Android Mobile Devices, It doesn't mean that every android user can install the updates on their Phones Immediately, They Have to wait atleast 6 months. And those are the lucky Ones, Others don't even get an Upgrade to their Android OS.
The Upgrades Are Reserved For Newer Devices, And for the older devices (like more than 9 months old), The manufacture decides if they want to give upgrade.
This Table Shows The Current Android OS distribution On The Market :
Ginger-Bread As A Security Risk :
How Fragmented Is Android, You Wonder ?
The Latest Version, Android 4.2 Aka JellyBean Is only available on a small fraction of the installed base. Android 2.3 And Android 4.0 Consist of 60% OS Installed on current android mobiles.
So What Is The Main Reason Behind This Fragmentation ?
Updates Does Not Make Up Money For Manufactures :
Too Many Difficulties In Launching The Upgrade :
- Google Develops And Launches It New Android For Nexus Series.
- The OS Is then passed on to the partner manufactures.
- Manufactures Cast The OS To their requirements like modded Interface, Pre-installed Apps Etc.
- The Modded OS Is then tested on Devices.
- The OS Is then sent back to Manufactures Programmers to fix the bugs and enhance performance.
- The OS Sent Back To Testing Again.
- If Passed, The OS Is then made available to users.
So How Was this post ? Love/Hate/Spot A Mistake ? Please leave your Feedback and Comments below and don't forget to check out our other blogs, Also follow us on FB, Twitter And Google+.